This report / article has been prepared for general information purposes only. Any opinions herein reflect the views of the Analyst and/or Author as at the date appearing above, and does not constitute a recommendation or individual investment advice, nor should it be considered a solicitation for the purchase or an offer of securities. Information contained in this report is derived from sources believed to be reliable, but its accuracy cannot be guaranteed. The information provided herein is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person or entity in any jurisdiction or country including the United States, where such distribution or use would be contrary to law or regulation or which would subject PearTree to any registration requirement within such jurisdiction or country.
- In response to the Federal government request for consultation PearTree is preparing submissions to be filed by the end of August with respect to tax incentives and other matters of priority in the Canadian resource sector and we want to work with you.
- 1. PearTree is aggregating your insights to be included in our submissions with or without attribution at your option
2. PearTree can assist you in making your own submissions
- Feel free to provide your insights, advice and concerns. Contact PearTree’s VP, Government Relations Alanna Clark at Alanna.email@example.com
Here’s The Drill
Recently the Federal government released Canada’s Critical Minerals Strategy Discussion Paper: Opportunities from Exploration to Recycling (see Appendix A for consultation questions).
The strategy has five core objectives:
1. Support economic growth and competitiveness
2. Promote climate action and environmental protection
3. Enhance global security and partnerships with allies
4. Advance Indigenous reconciliation
5. Foster diverse and inclusive workforces and communities.
The consultation period will take place up until September 15th, 2022. The strategy will be published later in the Fall.
Please see https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/nrcan-rncan/documents/critical-minerals-discussion-paper-eng-2.pdf
The policy makers are listening. The recent 30% Critical Mineral Exploration Tax Credit has already resulted in financings driving tens of millions of dollars of accretive investment. Your insights based on real life experience can make a difference.
Hope to hear from you at your earliest.